Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i create a .NC1 file for lasercut plates.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bullit2312
7198 Views, 5 Replies

how do i create a .NC1 file for lasercut plates.

We have been asked by our lasercutters whether we can supply a .NC1 file rather than a .DXF

Is this possible with advance steel and how would we do that?

Thanks

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AleckGiles
in reply to: bullit2312

Hi,

NC and NC1 files are the same things with just a different file name extension. So all you need to do is click the NC Files button to get the required files. But first, to get the NC1 extension rather than NC you need to go into NC Settings then set the file name to %NCPOS_NUM.nc1.

Regards,

Aleck Giles

Application Engineer

Graitec UK

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 3 of 6
bullit2312
in reply to: AleckGiles

Thanks Aleck

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Im having trouble with rotating my plates 90 degrees. Say i have a 1'X7" plate but the nc file always wants to have 7" as the width but i want 1' width for the plate in our python machine. It dont matter how i draw the plate it always comes out the same. Any help would be appreciated as we do alot of base plate and bearing plates

Message 5 of 6
alickomay
in reply to: Anonymous

that sorta thing normally dun in the cam software 

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Aleck is correct but you can set NC1 as a default in the Management Tools, making the change in the NC file settings will be only for the current project.

In the Default area of the Management Tools make this change and it will always be NC1.

NC1.jpg

Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report