Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden line not showing up in views

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
advandes
1139 Views, 10 Replies

Hidden line not showing up in views

Using Advance Steel 2020

All of a sudden in this one file the hidden lines are not showing up no matter what I do. A few weeks ago this problem did not exist with this file. Anyone have a solution? Thanks for any help. I have included the file and a screen capture.

AAG
Advance Design
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: advandes

I'm not sure if I just look on the wrong point, but I see many green lines and these are the hidden lines or not?

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 11
Rob_Merriman

Hi @advandes 

As @Sebastian_Eiche  said Ive run the drawing from your model and the hidden lines are showing up ok, have you tried a regen or regen3 in the drawing?

Could you attach the GA drawing that isnt showing the lines so we can have a look at the actual GA that your machine has run

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
advandes
in reply to: Rob_Merriman

Thanks Rob for taking a look. I have attached the GA dwg

AAG
Advance Design
Message 5 of 11
advandes
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Yes, all those green lines are suppose to be hidden, along with others.

AAG
Advance Design
Message 6 of 11
advandes

BTW

This is the original PDF drawing, and what the view is suppose to look like. Thanks

AAG
Advance Design
Message 7 of 11
Sebastian_Eiche

seems to work on my side, here's a screencast: https://autode.sk/2TEKAEq

Maybe you deregistrate the details and registrate it again? After deregsitration I would delete the UPD file, and the registrate the detail, update the detail by using the document manager. Maybe the Update file is corrupt.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 8 of 11
Rob_Merriman

Hi @advandes 

I dont know why this has happened but if you type LINETYPE you will see that the hidden line isnt showing as loaded into this drawing, if you click Load find the hidden line, add it then type REGEN it will correct itself.

Linetype.JPG

I found this Knowledge articule and used it as a basis - https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 11

ahh now I understand the problem =)...maybe I should go home for today...I think it was enough Advacne Steel for me today 🤣 

Good that @Rob_Merriman  take a correct look on the problem

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
advandes

Awesome! I would never have thought of that. I assumed it was an Advance Steel setting and not a basic AutoCAD function. Thanks you for solving this issue!

AAG
Advance Design
Message 11 of 11
advandes
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

LOL... No problem. I appreciate the help.

AAG
Advance Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report