Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grabrail causing issue on railing macro

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
j.hamelin
227 Views, 2 Replies

Grabrail causing issue on railing macro

Good morning!

I need your help with this one guys.

I'm struggling with the handrail macro to work properly. On only one section of my ramp, the connexion box turn red once I add the grab rail and I can't figure out why... I've done hundred of railing with or without grab rail and never get stuck like now. I've tried checking/unchecking every boxes, changing all the values but nothing seems to work. All I got is a red flag once I add a grab rail on this section.

jhamelin_0-1715607836035.png

Have you ever faced this kind of issue before?

Could some of you try to make it work like it supposed to be?

What I'm I missing here?!?

Model attached

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AleckGiles
in reply to: j.hamelin

Hi,

It won't work because you have a post exactly in the corner. The grabrail brackets go perpendicular to the rail but it can't figure out what to do in the corner (requires 45°) so it fails.

Try making two separate rails and sorting out the corner manually. You can add cuts and features to macro components without breaking the macro.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 3 of 3
j.hamelin
in reply to: j.hamelin

You're right! I've moved the post right in the corner (by unchecking "each beam") and it work now. Thanks alot!

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report