Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

front splice plate

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
javiervega10
1044 Views, 5 Replies

front splice plate

Hello everyone.
I have 2 queries.
How can I make a connection with a front plate like the "knee of frame with plate haunch and end plate " , but without plates, that is, with the same beam profile?
The second question is related to it, since I make this connection manually, I cut the beam at a distance at the column, and these two beams are connected to the "front plate splice", but I cannot put a screw in the center of the plate, I don't know how to do it.

front splice.png

front splice2.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
muleman1
in reply to: javiervega10

@javiervega10  the simplest way to add the third bolt may be to add it manually, but maybe one of the gurus will have better direction...

manual bolt tool bar.png

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 3 of 6
javiervega10
in reply to: muleman1

Yes, that's how I did it, but there are many connections, I made a custom connection but the center bolts are move position when copying them.

Message 4 of 6
muleman1

maybe try using "custom connection building block" menu to add third bolt. it seems to add more "intelligent" parts to a custom connection that will "adapt" to various size beams, plates, etc...

custom connection building blocks toolbar.png

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 5 of 6
mick-CNF

You can use the front plate splice variable then alter the bolt groups.

Example joint attached.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 085526.jpg

If this information solves your problem please accept as a solution.
Message 6 of 6
javiervega10
in reply to: mick-CNF

Yes, that is a good option, but in my case I need all the plates to be the same, and this macro only gives the option of dimensions by projections, and the beams are not the same.
I solved it by making a custom connection for each type of beam using the front plate splice connection and placing additional bolts, but the faceplate cannot be prepared bevel on beam for connection at the moment beam to plate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report