Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force MainPart number on GA labels?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dcubbedge
344 Views, 6 Replies

Force MainPart number on GA labels?

I'd like to force the labels on a large GA to give me the main part number, not the single part number. Is this possible? My model has weldments, and it is hard to pick the main part in plan. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: dcubbedge

there's a default in the management Tools to allow Singleparts label with their mainpart number. After this is set, you had to change the singlepart labeling and then it should work

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 7
dcubbedge
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Thank you Sebastian for getting back to me quickly.

I saw that in MT - checked it, but the results were the same. The label got the SP, and trying to change the token to MP gave me an empty label. There must be something I am missing?

This job for us is creating erection drawings only - the details are done by others, and I can't change anything regarding them, i.e., numbering.....

Message 4 of 7
Sebastian_Eiche

now as you wrote it, I remember, this default is only for singlepart details, there you will see on which MP it is attached (if there're more then one).
In GA drawings, this is not possible.
But as Workaround:

• open the modelbrowser, select Mainpart
  • tick the box for "allow changes" and then add the column for example for Userattribute1 now it will take a few minutes 😃
  • select the parts of a MP and add the MP number to the userattribute.

But this is not working if the singlepart is attached to more then one Mainpart! So be careful with that.
Sorry for not given a better way.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 7
dcubbedge
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

It's ok. My guy is fixing the drawing now, the hard way.....

I know how to solve the problem in the model, by making the top rail the main part - if the details were mine I would, but they aren't.....

Thanks for your help Seb!

Message 6 of 7
markhubrich

@dcubbedge I need one of those guys too 😄 This is one of those nuisance things that forces us to adapt. Just prior to numbering, because of this reason, I will usually go through model  doing _AstM4CommCreateMainPart. For structural work it usually isn't an issue but with stairs, rails, and other misc stuff it's irritating trying to pick out the main part. For stairs I'll usually assign the inside stringer the main part so in elevation I'm not constantly referring back to model to find out what it is. 

Autodesk should implement into labels a feature that allows us to pick any part of an assembly and display the main mark in label.  

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 7 of 7
dcubbedge
in reply to: markhubrich

Now for the goofy bit - it didn't work on my system, but it DID on my detailers' computer.

I am weary looking for solutions to issues like this...….

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report