Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fab Suite Installer

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
510 Views, 3 Replies

Fab Suite Installer

Hi,

is there going to be a Structural Fabrication Suite 2018 installer available sometime soon? At the moment there is only individual products for AS, Revit, NW and ACAD listed in my Autodesk Account.

Thanks for any help,

Klaus

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Flies-Eyes
in reply to: Anonymous

The fact Autodesk haven't released the Structural Fabrication Suite 2018 yet would indicate to me that they have no intention to do so.   It would be nice if that could tell us that.

We have some in our team that have upgraded due to be on Industry Collection and have started new project.  The issue is now that those that are on the Structural Fabrication Suite can't work on the projects that have been started on the new version.   I suppose I will just have to let them sit around rubbing sticks together until their subscriptions run out.   Fantastic......... 

Message 3 of 4
klaus
in reply to: Flies-Eyes

Just to clarify, the Autodesk account lets you download and install all individual components (NW, Revit, AS, ACAD) of the suite without a problem incl. serial numbers. So no rubbing sticks required and most companies are sensible enough to delay the rollout of new releases by a couple of months anyway due to the "occasional" bug fixed within this time. I was just raising my initial question to get an answer on it in order to plan ahead.

I got a sensible response from Autodesk on Friday:

"...Suite-type licenses usually take a bit longer as the various products are released together, compared to the single-product licenses.
That is why the 2018 individual products are already available for download first.
Autodesk will process these in batches so it will process through soon."

Cheers,

Klaus

Message 4 of 4
Flies-Eyes
in reply to: klaus

Thanks for the update.   It did allow me to use the individual software product keys to activate.   I had been under the impression due to previous activations that I could only use the Suite Product Key.   Up and active.   Much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report