Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External BOM will not show single part numbers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Seamant1967
448 Views, 3 Replies

External BOM will not show single part numbers

I wish to have an external BOM that lists the single part numbers.

I have numbered my parts with single and preliminary numbers.

I can get a BOM on a drawing with single parts but am not able to get it with my BOM template.

If I number my parts with assemblies I can get an MTO with those numbers, but that isn't what I want. Even if there is a way to take a BOM out of a drawing that would help too. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The problem is maybe (I'm not sure if I understand it correct) that the list are based on mainpart. Do you use the palette for the BOM lists?

You could try the 'create list' command and then uncheck the box for 'based on mainpart' and then create an extract and use this for the list.

But maybe I misunderstood your problem and you send us a few more pics?

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 4

So this ga w parts dwg is what my engineer wants (after it is cleaned up a bit) without the BOM on it. He wants a BOM that is an excell sheet.

In my cad file if I request a BOM from my template, I get an empty BOM with no parts. If I number the parts with Assemblies the BOM gives me the assembly part numbers that won't match my ga drawing. The assembly part number BOM also doesn't list the parts that are identical because their numbers are not the same. 

Message 4 of 4

As I wrote, the BOM list are based on mainpart, but the output on a material list is nevertheless a singlepartnumber. So the question is, why don't you want to use the mainpartposnumber? It will not be shown.

But the way I also wrote by using an extract with the create list command will also work

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report