Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EXISTING SECTION NOT FOUND IN AstorProfiles DATABASE

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
gen6YN6Y
397 Views, 5 Replies

EXISTING SECTION NOT FOUND IN AstorProfiles DATABASE

Hello,

I'm new to a company and I'm wanting to add/sort out the sizes for particular sections in their database.

As shown in the images I have used the section in the model so I know it exists, However, I've looked through all of the Profiles on the database (manually, as well as using the search filter) and I can't seem to find them anywhere.. does anyone know a solution to locating them?

Apologies for the caps, thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
johnjmbennett
in reply to: gen6YN6Y

Try using the preference options to filter the section used and seen as the primary section list, this is found under the management tools,  you can filter what you need at a section profile level, which is under the main section group, level.

You can also create your own preference profile and set that to be the one used when you start a model. 

i would not recommend deleting line items from the core table as this means that they will be deleted from the profile table and not present at all in the system

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
gen6YN6Y
in reply to: johnjmbennett

@johnjmbennett thank you for your response!

I have tried using the search filter (the management tools>table editor>AS>bottom left search bar) and I have been through all of the profiles individually, which is why I can't understand where it could possibly be. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I tried various formats for the search, case sensitive, first word, code, the entire section name etc..

Could this data be stored anywhere else?

Thank you for your warning of deleting parameters. In this circumstance I only wish to add more/update the incorrect ones to match our suppliers sizing list, but I'll keep what you've said in mind for the future. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,

Gen

Message 4 of 6
johnjmbennett

Try: 

Managment tools > Table editor > load Database> Profilemaster.

open the profile master table,   go to the 'Runname' column,  click in the column header and column/table  will resort to show in alphabetically order of that column,   look for Tube DIN 10210-2

johnjmbennett_0-1714058439432.png

The table you are looking for  'EXT_Pipe'
 Type EXT_Pipe in filter : table will appear in list under astorprofiles:   select table to open.

johnjmbennett_1-1714058547191.png

John Bennett
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
johnjmbennett

preferences: 

MT> Preferred sizes > Section class> Circular hollow sections>  look for  Tube DIN EN 10210-2   check that it is in the preferred classes window panel that is below the available classes, if not then add it via the add button.  Then save via the apply button on menu at top left, the last icon. 

johnjmbennett_0-1714058816877.png

scroll down in the sections part and select the 4 dots to filter the classes,  then browse to the tube class and filter accordingly the section sizes there into the preferred class window below the available  ( if none are filtered then user will see all,  if you add to the preferred, then the user will see those first in the profile listing under AS. 
again save to commit to the preferences.

johnjmbennett_1-1714059059785.png

John Bennett

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
gen6YN6Y
in reply to: johnjmbennett

Amazing, this worked! Thank you John ๐Ÿ™‚

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report