Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Edge break lines

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
HarryHighpants
1724 Views, 11 Replies

Edge break lines

I created a detail using a camera. There are jagged red lines at the edges which I want to remove.

Does anyone know how to get rid of them.

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: HarryHighpants

hi,

double click on the inside "green frame" and at clipping settings turn clipping type from "normal clipping" to "no line clipping".
Message 3 of 12
HarryHighpants
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
hi,

double click on the inside "green frame" and at clipping settings turn clipping type from "normal clipping" to "no line clipping".

Hi gvm.

It was already on "no line clipping".

These red lines are where the camera box finishes. It's not a clipping line as such. I don't know what it's called.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

then look in your drawing style, thers should be a setting for edges or so
Message 5 of 12
alickomay

you could triy just double cliking th red lines and u may be abil to turn it off

but uil have to do this to evry drawing so GVM way beter if u do this ofen 

Message 6 of 12

Those jagged lines are indeed clipping lines, but in this case they clip the objects that are cut by the detail viewbox size (in your case the camera XY viewport). In the current release of Advance Steel those clipping lines can't be removed, and they are showed everytime an object "crosses" the viewbox. In your case I think they appear due to the concrete footing, so not detailing the footing will no longer display those lines. You can also choose to remove the object that generates those line locally, only on a drawing, by selecting it and turning off "Visible lines" - the jagged clipping lines is controlled by the Visible line option in the object property dialog.

Also you can change the linetype of the clippings here through the default avaliable in Management Tools : Clip line type.

Would be also intresting to know if you often do not require those clippings or is only a specific situation ? Advance Steel will always try to use a clipping line on the edge of the object, if this is cut by the viewbox, Having some generic settings would allow you to turned them off and on globally, but would it help if it would be more specific, per object?

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner
Message 7 of 12

@150245 wrote:

Those jagged lines are indeed clipping lines, but in this case they clip the objects that are cut by the detail viewbox size (in your case the camera XY viewport). In the current release of Advance Steel those clipping lines can't be removed, and they are showed everytime an object "crosses" the viewbox. In your case I think they appear due to the concrete footing, so not detailing the footing will no longer display those lines. You can also choose to remove the object that generates those line locally, only on a drawing, by selecting it and turning off "Visible lines" - the jagged clipping lines is controlled by the Visible line option in the object property dialog.

Also you can change the linetype of the clippings here through the default avaliable in Management Tools : Clip line type.

Would be also intresting to know if you often do not require those clippings or is only a specific situation ? Advance Steel will always try to use a clipping line on the edge of the object, if this is cut by the viewbox, Having some generic settings would allow you to turned them off and on globally, but would it help if it would be more specific, per object?

Thanks for that information. It's not a problem you would encounter every day, but in this case I would definitely want the lines off, they're cluttering the views.

Turning off visibility of the concrete in this case would remove the box around the base plate, which represents a recess in the concrete, so it's not an ideal solution.

Maybe some day in a future release ...

Message 8 of 12

Glad I could help. So turning off all the edge clipping lines wouldn't be ideal for all situations, but you would like more to remove them locally, from specific drawings?

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner
Message 9 of 12

@150245 wrote:

Glad I could help. So turning off all the edge clipping lines wouldn't be ideal for all situations, but you would like more to remove them locally, from specific drawings?

Most edge clipping lines are useful, eg where one end of the beam is outside of the camera.

It's just when it forms a complete perimeter like in the original exmaple, it adds clutter and confusion to the view.

Message 10 of 12

Hi,

This is due to the fact that the camera size (in the model) is smaller than the concrete fundation.

See illustration below:

Camera views.jpg

You can change the camera size in its properties dialog box, where shown below:

Camera size in the model.jpg

Regards

Philippe

Message 11 of 12

Thanks Phillipe for the illustrations.

In my example, I had a continuous concrete slab, not separate foundations. But I understand what you mean.

Recessed Footing.PNG

Message 12 of 12
iwafb

From my perspective, I think individual control (per drawing) for the clipping lines is what we want....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report