Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy Part issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bjur
1117 Views, 1 Reply

Dummy Part issues

We create quite a bit of small assemblies where we use the "Dummy Part" feature.  Attached is the button I use as well as a screen shot of a typical assembly where we have the issue I'm writing about.  The main issue is that I can't assign a model role or a coating for the assembly.  I didn't want to assign a coating to the individual parts that make up the assembly, as they are un-coated prior to welding them together to form the assembly.  How do I tell Advance Steel that the assembly is "Painted" or some other coating?  When creating the drawings for the assembly, no coating is listed on the drawing.

Also since I can't assign a model roll, I can't create drawings by selected objects.  The only way to create drawings is to create drawings for the whole model.  How do I get Advance Steel to create drawings of one of these "Dummy Part" assemblies?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: bjur

i presume you an made settings in the management tool? I don't use the dummy part myself but you can made a lot of standard settings in the man .tool.

Filter by dummy in the too, for example to see if there are settings possible.

The coating issue is quit simple, you have to assing coating to get it on the drawing. no other way possible or you have to be an expert, i think it is possible but a lot of settings you have to make then to get a result. You got to make a new colum in the drawing list, make sure that the column refers to the " free remark" string on the part settings in your model and give the main part there the disired coating. It shoud work this way i presume.

Yhe only thing is that it is not in the painting box where you want it.

the shop drawing issue i really dont know how to get that work. You can get it work as discribed in the beginning, Thre is a dbase where you can made adjustments in the modle role section, you can made a  new modle role for dummy part i guess. (search on " modle role" in the tool.)

good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report