Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Process

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
399 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing Process

Hi,

How to create multiple beam drawings from one selection in the model.

I want to stop all the beams from being on one sheet, Want one beam per sheet.

I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere....

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
muleman1
in reply to: Anonymous

maybe try one of these

all assem each.pngall sp each.pngselect assem each.pngselected sp each.png

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: muleman1

Hi Muleman1,

Thanks for your response, but I have no idea what your trying to show me?

You will have to be more specific.

Cheers.

Message 4 of 7
DumitruBerteanu

muleman1 showed in the pictures above a set of processes that allow you to create drawings for all beams, in an one per sheet system. 

You obtain all the beams on one sheet in your case because you are using a drawing style, which doesn't have the option to automatically split the drawings on multiple sheets. 

Those processes can be found in the Drawing Process palette, accessible from the "Output" ribbon tab.

Processes have two types of "Selections " : All and Selection. The "All" processes will not request any selection, and it will just detail all objects that match its criteria (e.g. an Assembly Beam process will take all assemblies where the main part is a beam and detail them). The "Selected" processes can perform the detailing on a pre-selection done by you in the model. You need to do this selection always before applying the process, otherwise the process will do nothing. 

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner
Message 5 of 7
johnjmbennett

This is controlled via the drawing process, these are found inside the drawing process manager, there maybe some existing ones in place, which in the user part of that manager you can adjust copy.

For a single assembly on single sheet, the file name selector needs to have opition set to move onto the next assembly/main part , you will find this under the file name selector.

There are some nice videos on YouTube explain drawing process creation and methods to adjust etc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4JmYyGhf4U

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnjmbennett

Thanks for your help guys, I'm must be missing a step, did all what you said and watch the you tube clip and same result every time.

Message 7 of 7
muleman1

@Anonymous we are far from expert and struggle too. see if this screencast helps....

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report