Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions missing after last update?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
588 Views, 4 Replies

Dimensions missing after last update?

When creating drawings using the "Quick Documents" I will open the drawings using the document manager, and in most instances tidy up and add some preferred dimensions.

In some instances an update to the drawings is required.

After the update these dimensions are no longer on the drawing. (disappeared)

Am I doing something wrong, as I keep having to add theses dimensions several times?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Try different snap setting when you create the dimensions.

AS Management Tools has also a setting that deletes incorrect measurements. See attachment

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi

I have changed the options as you suggested but unfortunately the same problem still occurs.

For example if I change the hidden line from on to off in the drawing after it re-generates the dimensions that I have added manually are no longer there.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Regards

Message 4 of 5
muleman1

Are you saving the dwg, before closing it?
....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: muleman1

I am saving it, looks like it has something to do with this...

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/...

It seems only some manual snap points are supported by manual dimensions, When not supported the following message is shown.

Error: Unable to recognise all points. Some Points will be deleted after update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report