Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Drawings disappearing/corrupting?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
daniel.tarnowski
224 Views, 2 Replies

Detail Drawings disappearing/corrupting?

I have posted about this in the past without resolution.  I was able to capture what it happening via a couple pdf's.

I have on several occasions been working on editing detail drawings when all of a sudden most views seem to disappear after a command.  It has happened while trying to create a cut section, and in the case of the (2) pdf's I attached, I simply did an update detail on one of the sections after I added some dimensions.  Once I did the detail update, all views disappeared leaving only what is shown on the B201 disappeared pdf.  When this happens, I have to undo until everything reappears, save all open drawings and model, completely exit the program and re-open.  Sometimes I can work for quite a while without this hiccup, and sometimes it seems like it is only 4 or 5 commands before the same thing happens and I have to repeat the undo and restart process.  While I'm thankful I can successfully recover my work, this is a time wasting inconvenience at best.  In this particular case, I added the (2) manual 1/2" dimensions in Section A-A.  Because the new dimensions were outside the green frames, I did an update detail on only section A-A and that when the corruption happened.  When I reverted using undo, I created a pdf (B201ok) at the point where the strange occurrence happened. 

I am currently using AS2024 USA build, but I have had this happen to me using AS2018, AS2020, and AS2023 all USA build.

Is this a known issue that has not been fixed or am I doing something wrong when attempting to clean up drawings?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: daniel.tarnowski

@daniel.tarnowski Content disappearing is an indication of missed settings (and observation) in the DWG file (or in your case, the layout and/or viewport) by the user, nothing else. There is no "... world wide AS deleting content..." issue across multiple year versions if the only common factor is the user.

In your posted example, it appears to everyone over here that a viewport(s) got turned off and the only content remaining are those drawing outside of the viewports in paperspace only

pendean_0-1719945829305.png

For best diagnosis by others (I do not see that you ever posted about this before today), you'll want to share an actual DWG file(s) then walk something through your exact steps to replicate the final result you see 100% of the time.

OR... Here are ways to open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help, but they'll want to see you replicate the problem on demand so they can observe it all:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/account/manage/use/support#:~:text=com/plans.-,Contact%20support,-S...

Message 3 of 3

I have seen similar behaviour with GA drawings caused by blocks / x-refs in the main model file.

Sometimes if you forget to turn off when updating they can corrupt the drawings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report