Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database connection errors

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
desigan2015
540 Views, 7 Replies

database connection errors

Hi all,

i am re

desigan2015_0-1597992128170.png

ceiving the database connection errors, please find the attached snap and advise the solutions

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rob_Merriman
in reply to: desigan2015

Hi @desigan2015 

Couple of questions for you,

1. Has the GBR folder been copied from another machine?

2. Has anything been changed with the GBR folder, was it working a day or so ago?

3. Have there been any windows updates etc recently?

There are a couple of things, the system cvant read the databases so its either a permissions issue or the databases have been copied from another machine and are locked to that machine, see steps below.

Make sure your Advance Steel is shut before doing these steps, I would also advise taking a backup of your data first - https://graitec.co.uk/blog/entry/are-you-backing-up-your-advance-steel-data

1. Go to the following folder - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2018

2. Right click on GBR and go to security

3. Click the edit button

3. For every Group or User (Except CREATOR OWNER) make sure that Full control and Modify are ticked, then click apply

4. Click OK and on the properties diague and go to the general tab, make sure Read only isnt ticked, click apply and ok.

Advance Steel Permissions.png

This should set the permissions correctly so Advance Steel has access to the databases. Run Advance Steel and see if this has fixed the issue.

The next step to try is deleting the lock files.

1. Go to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2018\GBR

2. Repeate step 3 for all the following folder

User2/Data

StressAnalysis/Data

Steel/Data

Management Tools

Kernal/Data

DatabaseUpdate

3. In each of the above folders there will be a ".ldf" file, these are the lock files you can delete them. Please do NOT delete the ".mdf" files, these are you Advance Steel databases

Restart your Advance Steel, all should be working

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
desigan2015
in reply to: Rob_Merriman

Hi sir , recently i didn't do any updates. i have followed your instructions and restart the computer but still same error . after long i can open the model but its very slow. please advise 

Message 4 of 8
Rob_Merriman

Hi @desigan2015 

So the next step is to do a repair / reinstall, as my previous post make sure you have a backup of the Advance Steel folder before running the steps below

1. Shut down Advance Steel

2. Open the Windows control panel

3. Go to progames / features

4. Click Advance Steel 2018 and then choose unistall / change

5. When the Advance Steel dialogue pops up click Repair or Reinstall

6. The choose Reinstall, although it says it will override any custom settings i have found it doesnt (although thats why I ways take a backup of the data first)

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
desigan2015

sir , i already tried to repair but still shows error . just now i have uninstalled , now reinstalling again thanks. I have done the back up . after the installation i would like to bring back all my setting please advise .

Message 6 of 8
desigan2015

@Rob_Merriman  after uninstall and reinstall AS also the same error i am getting . for your information i using AS 2018 . two day ago i have updated my windows ,from yesterday i am getting this problem. 

Message 7 of 8

Hi @desigan2015 ,

Have you solved this problem? I believe I have the same issue as you. I´ve tried all the steps above, and nothing solves my problem. 

Message 8 of 8

@tiago.pereiraGB2J9 , 

My IT solved this problem . He said due to windows updates . He restore the windows updates then install back AS 2018 . so far no issue .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report