Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut view missing parts

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jgalvarez
1685 Views, 4 Replies

Cut view missing parts

Hi,

When I create a call out view using the Create Call Out View feature (DETAIL A) I get everything captured in the view including field bolts, but when I cut a section (Section F-F) using the Create Cut View feature the field bolts do not show up. I tried making the cut section on the elevation as well and still get a view without the bolts; is there anyway to make these appear?  Also note how AS uses a mixture of caps and lower case for the text on the view titles; how can I get these to always be caps?

Call out detail.JPG.

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
eberg770
in reply to: jgalvarez

You need to change the visibility settings in the drawing style that the section view is using. I have had these issues many times and, unfortunately, it can be time consuming to change these settings and it takes some trial and error. I usually find a drawing style that already has showing what I want shown and use that to base what I need to add into the style I want to change.

Message 3 of 5
AleckGiles
in reply to: jgalvarez

Hi,

It is likely your Call Out view and Cut Views are using different drawing styles. Different styles mean different results.Immediately after starting each command go to Settings an din the dialog you can select which view style to use. Make sure you sue the same for both.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: AleckGiles

Hello,
Actually I have a similar situation. I created an elevation (image-1  focus on the area surrounded by a red square) then started a new Callout, unfortunately, a piece of the stair is lost (image-2  also the area surrounded by a red square). The whole stair is visible but just this piece was lost from both the elevation and Callout after Callout took a place. I checked drawing styles of both elevation and Callout >> they are similar. What is happening here ??!!! I am exhausted from trying to solve this issue. 😣

((pls see attachments))

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I already have tried something. I saved the model in another name then repeated the previous steps >> nothing changed. Another attempt, I copied the stair to a new file then created the elevation and Callout >> Problem is fixed, but I can't do that as I need to keep everything in the original file and find the solution through it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report