Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Down & Up Symbol

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bageseabraham
474 Views, 2 Replies

Cut Down & Up Symbol

Hi,

With regards to cut symbols, whenever I am creating detailed drawings, this cut symbols comes on my side views. If I delete this one, it will pop up again after the update.

My question is, how do I or is it possible to get rid of these symbols? Also, how can I change these symbols to a different style?

All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Abraham

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: bageseabraham

You can find the cut symbols in your symbols library ( c:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel (yourversion)\Shared\Support\Symbol ) best to copy to a new name in the same folder and then modify the existing (cutsymbolup.dwg and cutsymboldown.dwg) to your preference keeping the attributes intact.

Then open management tools in AS then in the defaults tab you want to open Drawings - Labelling - General and then use your new symbols.

Image 2.jpg

Click on load settings in AS and then update defaults on the main screen to the right of the management tools icon. The program may need to be closed and then reopened for this to work.

If you don't want to use the up or down symbol then when you create your up or down symbol drawing delete everything in it and then save and use in the management tools as the up or down symbol.

Gary

Message 3 of 3
bageseabraham
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Gary.

Much appreciated. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report