Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Custom Handrails

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
prakhar.kanungo
1594 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Handrails

Hello All,

I use Advance steel  2019.

Is there any way I can create custom Handrail families like it is done in Revit. There are a few types of handrails which are not available in advance steel and I require them more often than the standard handrails available in advance steel. Due to which I have to model each and every element of the handrail separately. Even if there is some solution like a connection template that would work for me. 

I have attached a few snaps of the handrails which my clients generally ask for.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

The first railing-this can be done with dynamic block to obtain the end points, two sides to be always parallel,  and build the railing by using "beam from line",  connections at posts can be custom connections, using (2) beams option, or (3) beams at double posts locations.

Another way would be build the railing with posts equal to the spacer plate thickness between them, explode the macro and delete the posts, so only top rail, bottom rail and pickets remain. And add the custom connections after that.

The second railing:

This can be built as a std railing, with only end posts, offset the entire railing, add the intermediate posts, manually and add custom connection between post and stringer, choose (2) beams, create first stiffener plate to the stringer, keep it intelligent, after that place the bolts and add posts to be connected to them.

You top rail is discontinued, the building code may not permit this.

Another way would be to build the railing offset, and build one connection at end posts and one at intermediate posts, and use "copy with adjustemnt". 

The third one-since everything except the post bracket down is std, I would build the railing and use "copy with adjustment" similar to this railing, posts have to be rotated along theyr axis at some locations in order to orient the brackets correctly:

Copy with Adjustment

Hope this will help at least a little bit.

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Message 3 of 5

more informartions are needed. 
The handrails are using normal profiles which are included in the databases. What are you looking for?

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 4 of 5

I have modeled these handrails by placing each and every element manually and used custom connections unlike the standard handrail command available in the advance steel. I model these handrails very often in my projects so I am looking for the easiest possible way.

Message 5 of 5
faragello
in reply to: prakhar.kanungo

Yes, this is an important inquiry, my company has a different type of handrail I need to use it and make a fabrication drawing if possible please let me know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report