Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom hand rail posts

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
854 Views, 7 Replies

Custom hand rail posts

I need to be able to create hand railing with 3" flat stock that has radius cut into the top creating a semi-circle at the top of the post.  I see options that allow you to chamfer but none that allow you to add a radius.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
markhubrich
in reply to: Anonymous

What is your top rail material?
...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: markhubrich

Top rail material is 1-1/2" round pipe.

Message 4 of 8
muleman1

Not sure if we understand question, but is this similiar to you want?

radius flat post.png

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: muleman1

This is what I'm after.  The handrail will be short sections about 4'8" long that sit between 2 hanger rods. The top hand rail will not sit on top of the post but rather sits between the posts.  

Hand Rail 1.PNGHand Rail 2.PNG

Message 6 of 8
muleman1

radius flat post ext with features.png

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: muleman1

I have it to the point that muleman1 shows but I can't figure out how to get the radius in the post.  I see that there are some cut planes shown, were those added after the railing command was run?

Hand Rail 3.PNG

Message 8 of 8
muleman1

Yes. I would get all my posts correct. Then use the corner cut tool on one and then 'copy selection' to apply to each other post. There may be better way, we are FAR form expert. If there is better way maybe someone else will chime in.

ScreenShot_corner cut.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report