Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom connections

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
MRizea
327 Views, 1 Reply

Custom connections

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to make a custom connection and use it in different projects?

I made a custom connection and i used it in one project.

Now i've started a new project, but the custom connection created in the first project isn't available in the new project?

Any ideas ?

Thank you,

Marius.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: MRizea

Yes for sure this is possible. If you create a custom connection and only save the model, you could use it in this model. If you save the file in the folder 'c/programdata/autodesk/advance steel 2019/*installedversion*/shared/connection templates' then you could use it in every other model. This folder path you be changed by default 'path for custom connection'.

But I would not save the whole model there...I would copy the connection and the parts in a new model.dwg. the name you use for this DWG is the name which will be shown in the dialogue box by inserting the connection.

For example: you create a handrail with different base plates and call the connections 'baseplate pipe-flat' and 'baseplate square-flat'. Now you save the dwg as 'handrail connections'. If you use the 'insert custom connection' command you will see a tab called 'handrail connections' and you could expand this tab and will see the two connections.

What I want to say: create connection DWG which are named like categories and then in this DWG save not only one neither a lot connections.

Typed by phone... Sebastian

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report