Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating customised bolt assembly

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
945 Views, 15 Replies

Creating customised bolt assembly

Hi All,

I have been trying to create some of our bolts we use and for the life of me a don’t know why my purlin bolt is drawn the way it is. It should be 25mm long NOT 31mm. Hex head should be 6mm NOT 15mm. The nut and washers I have attached to it appears to be fine, it’s just the bolt itself. See attached files to show you what I have dont to create the bolt. P.S the first image is when I have double clicked on the bolt. Notice the length is 31mm. How can I fix this problem.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can anyone help me in this matter. I have'nt recieved any response from anyone ;-(

Message 3 of 16
muleman1

Did you ever find a solution? We are having similiar problem.

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: muleman1

No sorry no one has tried to answer my question yet. Maybe now someone else is having the same problem it might get answered.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

hi,

i think you have to add more rules for the bolt asembly, if you look in existing bolt rules you see what i meen.

it shoud work. If you have microsoft Access on your computer you cane make adjustments in de dbase without using the management tool.

That is in several ways easyer to work with than the MT.

Just use the trial and error methode, it only cost time and coffee. (and perhaps a speeding ticket going home)

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

Thanks for that fingers crossed i can get better results.

Message 7 of 16
muleman1

@Anonymous wrote:

hi,

i think you have to add more rules for the bolt asembly, if you look in existing bolt rules you see what i meen.

it shoud work. If you have microsoft Access on your computer you cane make adjustments in de dbase without using the management tool.

That is in several ways easyer to work with than the MT.

Just use the trial and error methode, it only cost time and coffee. (and perhaps a speeding ticket going home)

A related problem we have is not being able to change the bolt grade from 10.9 to Grade 8. We have repaired, re-installed and uninstalled AS and set every place possible to Imperial Standards, but our bolt grades are always labeled 10.9, with no option in the drop down menu ???

10.jpg

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

hi,

no other grades is just a matter of copying the hole 10.9 section of the type you are using and change the 10.9 to 8.8

Do not ever reinstall, it's a wast of time because youi just have to made a new grade.

This works the best in Acess. The MT is not the best (fastests) way to do this.

good luck.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

MT1.JPG

hi,

forgot to tell you: make sure that in the MT or in MS Acess the setting author  is on your name or account. If you don't have an account yet make sure that you made a new one (at the right side).

when you install an upgrade to a new version you can select "merge database" , al the adjustments and changes you have made with your account name will be copied to the new version.

good luck

Message 10 of 16
muleman1

Thx, I will try it later today, time permitting
Message 11 of 16
muleman1

gvm, what folder is the Acess file located
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

hi,

profiles: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance\Data

all others: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2015\Steel\Data

the one you need is the astorbase.mdb / setbolts

before you make changes make a copy of the dbase you change, its handy when you f*** it up.

good luck

Message 13 of 16
muleman1

thx, we will attempt the changes later today
Message 14 of 16
muleman1

In my MT it says current author is 'my company' but it all data base author is listed as 'AUTODESK'. Which and/or what should I change   

@Anonymous
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

hi,

you shoud only change the column author to "my company" when you change something in that row.

and in new rows you have to assing "my company" in the author column.

with merging in an new install the install set will search the old dbase for "my company"and add these to the new instaaled dbase.

good luck.

Message 16 of 16
muleman1

@Anonymous sorry to bug you but in Access under the owner column is it possible to select and replace necessary 'AUTODESK' fields and change them to 'My Company" by sorting and selecting the entire column? I changed the 10.9 to GR8 very easily, by selecting the entire appropriate cells in column . But will I have to select each of the 100's of owner fields and change to 'My Company' individually?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report