Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting RHS to I- section

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
andreasmand92
894 Views, 3 Replies

Connecting RHS to I- section

Capture.PNG

Is there any quick connections that gives me this type of connection, where I have RHS tubes connected to I-beam stiffeners, as shown on the picture? I have been doing this manually. I cannot get a custom connection to work properly - I still have to do a lot of editing if profile sizes or rafter angles change so I find it easier to manually create the connection each time.

Just curious if anyone knows a faster way of doing this.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
múinteoir
in reply to: andreasmand92

I dont think there will be a quicker way other than a custom connection. They are tricky to master and get them dynamic but with some time and testing it all looks possible.

Jonathan Hand
Technology Manager - Symetri Tech

autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black

twitterNaviate

Message 3 of 4

Hi, you can use the "Tube connection with sandwich plates" connection will give you what you need, there are a lot of variables in that connection so you need to know what to turn off etc.

If you can attach your current model i can take the setting out / dimensions from it and then record what to change etc within the joint

Tube connection with sandwich plates.PNG

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Hey! Sorry for my late response.

You are right, I managed to use that connection to get all required plates, but then I deleted the joint box and manually edited the stiffener to fit the I-beam.

I know i could edit the stiffener parameters to fit the beam on the joint properties and then apply corner cuts but i find it takes less time doing it manually.

I wish there was a command to extend the stiffener to fit the rafter without deleting the joint box.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report