Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors and Revit plugin

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
698 Views, 5 Replies

Colors and Revit plugin

Hi! I'm new in Advance Steel, and im trying to learn and work using Revit, Robot and Advance Steel to use as a Structural Engenieer.

First of all, I would like to know how to set the project colors to look good, like in this link:

http://static.autodesk.net/dc/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/advance-steel/images/screenshots/nav...

All my projects look bad, like this screenshot I took that is attached.

Second... When I export my model to Revit, I load Brazilian Family, but when I will choose the Beam, they dont show there... How can I use the correct itens? I want to use the same as i use in AS. See the other images. And when i export, the connections and others dont go to the model too.. =/ 

I want to use it to run analysis in Robot...

Please help me! And if you know, send me materials to study AS, Revit Structure and Robot xD

Thank you guys!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Up...
Someone, pls help! xD
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Up...

Message 4 of 6
Emanuel.Nestor

Hello Vitor Gomes,

The color of elements from Advance Steel (AS) is what you set for each one - by layer or by element.

A "normal" AS model looks quite similar to the picture you have shown from Navisworks.

When you create a new AS drawing (3D model), select the template "AS Template.dwt". This template contains already some standard layers and colors.

When you create a new element it will be sent to its corresponding layer: beams on layer "Beams", plates an layer "Plates" etc.

If you are new to AS, it could be a good idea to study a little the documentation that comes with AS installation.

You could start with the AS Help file --> User's guide --> Using Advance chapter

To open the AS Help file:

• Windos Start --> All programs --> Autodesk --> Advance Steel 2015 --> Help --> Advance Steel Help

I hope it helps you.

Best regards,

Emy

Emy Nestor
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Emanuel.Nestor

Thanks Bro! It makes all the sense now! Sorry for this stupid question.. Buy the way... could you pls help me with revit plugin problen? What am I doing wrong? And if possible, this question too...
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-general-discussion/contour-cut-and-nc-contour/td-p/52546...

Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
Emanuel.Nestor

Hello Vitor Gomes,

I have sent you a PM. Please check it.

Best regards,

Emy

Emy Nestor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report