Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing type of many connections at once

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
robertnowak
1055 Views, 3 Replies

Changing type of many connections at once

Hi,

I have a lot (>100) of connections of the same type (also have the same properties picked from library), and I would like to change them all to different type of connection. What is the most efficient way to do it?

Best regards

Robert

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
robertnowak
in reply to: robertnowak

OK I realized that it might not be possible at all, because different type of connection requires picking new elements that should be connected in the order specific to each connection type.

So now I have a bit different question: Is it possible to change properties of several connections at once (I'm talking about connections which are not in the group)? For example I have 5 identical connections and I want to choose for them other properties from the library. When I select more than one connection box there is no common Advance Steel properties except updating it so It can't be done that way...

Best regards

Robert

Message 3 of 4
johnjmbennett

Hi,
There is a tool in AS , called "transfer properties" , you find it on the Extended modelling ribbon tab, look in the panel named "joint ultilties" third column from left, middle button.

It works like match properties but for joints. Although slightly different select process.

So change the joint parameters in one of the series you wish to change. Then select the command , then select the joints you wish to apply the changed parameters . Then follow prompts and select the joint which has the changed parameters , it will transfer changes to other joints selected as the receiver of the transfer.

Hope that helps

JB

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
vkravchuk1

FYI, it is now possible w/ Graitec PowerPack Joint Multi Edit

They do have to be one type of connection.

vkravchuk1_0-1619652953858.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report