Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get beam to show exact in section

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
advandes
510 Views, 4 Replies

Can't get beam to show exact in section

I am using Advance Steel 2021

I can't get the beams to show up exact in my section views (See attached). I have exhausted my attempts to get this to work and have had to resort to getting help. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks! I would be glad to provide more information if needed.  

AAG
Advance Design
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: advandes

The problem here is: the line for beam is not used maybe. I would suggest, that the beam you would like to see is maybe the main part. Therefore you need to change the line for 'MP beam'. 

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 5
advandes
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Thanks Sabastian. Maybe I should have explained more. The beam in question is an existing beam. The model role naming for this beam is "Existing" and I have toggled off all the Behavior settings. I hope this makes sense and may explain the problem. 

AAG
Advance Design
Message 4 of 5
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: advandes

Then you had to show us the first 16 lines 9f the detail style. Maybe the beam is using another line. You had to know: the detail style works like a pyramid.

Advance start in line 1 and have a look if this model object is the one it need. If not, AS go to line 2 and so on. So it doesn't matter if you change the line 16 of you detail style, if the object is found in line 4 because if the software have a target and found it, it will never search for more. 

Example: you beam have the role 'existing' and maybe in your detail style is in line 2 a model object which is based on this role, AS will use this definition and will stop here. It will never have a look in line 16 where the beam is defined, because it already found, what it's looking for.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 5
advandes
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Got it! It was on Line 5 that need to be changed. Thanks Sabastian, I really appreciate you quick response and help.

AAG
Advance Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report