Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I customise Drawing Styles so that weld symbols will not be generated automatically throughout my drawings?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JACK.BOOTH5
190 Views, 2 Replies

Can I customise Drawing Styles so that weld symbols will not be generated automatically throughout my drawings?

Hi, can anybody tell me how I can prevent the weld symbols being automatically generated on my drawings. For the work I will be doing they are unnecessary and just clutter the drawings, looking for an easier way than to have to select and delete them off every drawing sheet. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Julio_Soto
in reply to: JACK.BOOTH5

In "Drawing Styles" change the object presentation for "Weld Line" like in the screenshot below

Julio_Soto_0-1671080495436.png

Message 3 of 3
AleckGiles
in reply to: JACK.BOOTH5

Hi,

Editing the drawing style is a bit extreme. Plus there are many styles for different objects. The system has a facility to not show weld symbols for "standard size" welds". When you place a weld in the model make sure you select whatever your "standard weld" is. In the UK build it is 6mm fillet both sides. These welds do not get called up in the drawings and are just covered by a note. Other weld types or sizes still get called up so you have the best of both worlds.

Check under Management Tools > Defaults.

AleckGiles_0-1671466820649.png

then make sure this is not ticked.

AleckGiles_1-1671466958797.png

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report