Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Editor - Material Summary List - Sorting

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Flies-Eyes
278 Views, 5 Replies

BOM Editor - Material Summary List - Sorting

Has anbody found a way to use the BOM Editor GroupHeading to Sort by Material then by Profile?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AleckGiles
in reply to: Flies-Eyes

Hi Murray,

The grouping of lists is hard coded. There is no way to change how a list is grouped. The supplied templates include at least one of each option so you have to copy one grouped the way you want and change everything else. There is no list that is grouped by Material.

The only alternative would be a Saved Query for each material and make separate lists based on each saved Query.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Flies-Eyes ,

if you

-find the time to learn Power BI (2 days),
-make 1 BOM schedule were you itemize everything  (make unique single parts numbers,  copy the actual single parts number to a user attribute).

You can start using "Matrix" type visuals in which you can get all your questions solved in Real Time.
Put a Navisworks export next to it...as a faster and easier to handle reference of your AS Model.

Kind regards,

Willem

Message 4 of 6
george1985

Hi @willem.creffierKCWFB ,
The "Navisworks export" is a screenshot of a Naviworks 3D model?
Or you found a way, to integrate 3D model in PowerBI?

Message 5 of 6

Hi @george1985 ,

Obviously, it would be nice to have a Assemble-style live interaction between Power BI and Navisworks.

But that's not the case.

For now, it is not necessary neither.

I have a Matrix view in Power BI, and the search sets in Navisworks.

You can address and save the same criteria instantly. 

For public tendering, we like to have a software -neutral solution.

I make sure the data is not ambiguous.

Normally the Contractor using the same text file I feed to Power BI, and an IFC model identical to to the copy in Navisworks , should come to the same conclusion.

This being said, if you have worked on the integration of both...please let me know.

If I find the time, I thought to have the appearance profiler make the same color codes as in Power BI...if this is not to much of a hassle to map or maintain.

Message 6 of 6
george1985

Hi @willem.creffierKCWFB ,
Thank you for the reply.

So the "Matrix view" are essentially charts?

Yes, there is a solution, which involves having not Navisworks, but instead IFC viewer in PowerBI.
I am aware of this commercial one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report