Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks not visible in model

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3844 Views, 7 Replies

Blocks not visible in model

For some reason all the Blocks in my model are not visible.  They are in the model. I have selected "All Visible".  All Layers are on.  I try to insert the block again and it inserts but is not visible.  A setting must be tripped.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
muleman1
in reply to: Anonymous

I had same problem, this thread helps

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-forum/special-part-doesnt-show-in-ga-dwg/m-p/5820626

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 3 of 8
múinteoir

Can you attach model to review?
The face of the BIM game | Former Autodesk Expert Elite | YouTuber | Lego Builder | Monaghan Man | Some Can, Some Cant
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: muleman1

Unfortunately this is not the same issue.  This is in the model environment only.  

Stepping back a few steps for clarity.  At some point this file crashed and must have created a recover file.

I did not notice this until several days later, after a significant amount of changes have been made to what I thought was the active file.  For some reason my system does not automatically notify me that there is a file to recover.  I did not notice the blocks missing and just assumed I had the layer turned off.  When I discovered this recover file I noticed the blocks visible.  That's when I went back to the main file I had been editing and realized the blocks are merely invisible.  They are in the drawing block library.  I can select them to re-insert them.  They just don't appear.  I want to delete them out of this drawing and re-import them as "Special Parts" so they become visible in the GA Drawings.  Basically these blocks are all the pieces of equipment designed in Inventor that are being mounted to this structure.

Also, I try to import "Special Parts" and they are not visible either.

I cannot attach this drawing for review as it is way to large.

Message 5 of 8
múinteoir

Can you try Audit & Model Check?
The face of the BIM game | Former Autodesk Expert Elite | YouTuber | Lego Builder | Monaghan Man | Some Can, Some Cant
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

They white pieces of equipment are the blocks that I'm trying to get to show up in the main drawing file.

The top picture is the recover file.  I can't even copy these blocks over.  

Visible FittingsVisible FittingsInvisible FittingsInvisible Fittings

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Ok guys/girls,   feeling a little stupid.

I found a thread in the AutoCAD forums that suggested that the block may contain no geometric data.  I used the Block Editor tool to open the block in a separate drawing and it was blank.  I added a circle and saved the block.  Boom,  several circles appeared in my drawing.  I did this for all my other blocks.  This allowed me to delete the corrupt blocks from my model and purge them.  I then inserted the blocks as "Special Parts" and they are visible in both my model and all my GA drawings.

Somehow during the crash of this model all the blocks lost there geometric data.  That's a new one for me.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Message 8 of 8
Paul_You_Mechwest

Hi @Anonymous 

I know it is an old post, but do you have any idea why it happens?

What I found is size of missing blocks is relatively larger than non-missing ones.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report