Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bevel cut on a cut edge of Circular Hollow Section

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
735 Views, 4 Replies

Bevel cut on a cut edge of Circular Hollow Section

Hi All,

I am trying to do a bevel cut on a cut edge of a circular hollow section. I am able to do the bevel cut on a normal edge using the bevel cut option but it wouldn't work on a cut edge. Can anyone help me with that please?

Regards

Anbu

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: Anonymous

the bevelcut didn't work in every situation, therefor you could use a polygonal 

• create triangle polyline with the size you want on one place of the beam
  • use the polygonal contour ucs:
    2.jpg
  • after this select the contour and then rotate it (maybe with an angle of 5 degree or similar)
  • 3.jpg

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried the polygonal contour work around. Found that in a old Graitec forum.

https://advantage.graitec.com/en-US/forums/Advance-Steel/68614139-829f-e711-8138-e0071b668071

PIC4.png

As you can see in the above picture, the cut is not uniform. I was not sure if that was not properly cut or just a graphical thing. 

Message 4 of 5
johnjmbennett
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to place the contor at the middle of the facet, think it's 8 facets, so find the start , normally on a quadrant , set the ucs at the mid of the facet, then create the contour. The contor projects front and rear along the zee axis of the plane, so is at edge you see the radial affect, but at mid it should look level.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johnjmbennett

I created the contour at the middle of the facet and did the polar array. But the cut still doesn't look level.

Pic5.JPG

'

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report