Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bends on Handrails

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
maebingerEX3UQ
412 Views, 5 Replies

Bends on Handrails

It can happen that relatively large bending radii are specified for handrails in factory standards. In these cases, it makes sense to bend the handrail tubes and not to use weld-on bends.

Unfortunately, steel construction programmes are not able to display the handrails in one piece. The handrails would have to be remodelled as poly beams. This of course takes time.

How do you handle this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Flies-Eyes
in reply to: maebingerEX3UQ

Is this what you are chasing?

FliesEyes_0-1708163388422.png

Message 3 of 6
maebingerEX3UQ
in reply to: Flies-Eyes

Yes, exactly. You can't buy large bends, so you have to bend the handrail.

Message 4 of 6
muleman1
in reply to: maebingerEX3UQ

I attached a pdf of a simple rail we did a couple days ago. We used a camera and then manually dimension the points. We don't add a lot of instruction notes on our shop drawings as they are inhouse and everyone understands.

We draw reference lines and then use beam from line tool and then rail fitting tool for 4.5"r bends. 

I am positive someone who knew how could create a drawing process to do all this automatically, but I'm not the guy.

ELV Screenshot 1.png

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 5 of 6

not sure if I understand this correct, but if you use the railing tool, you could decide to have a polybeam instead of single objects:

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1709033965710.png

This setting is placed in the "handrail (start)" tab

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 6 of 6

That's it, thanks Sebastian.

I would never have found it myself. It's not so easy to find the right settings in the English version if English is not your native language.

It would be nice if you could use similar settings for "Handrail-Handrail" and for the Middle Handrail.

But anyway, this helps a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report