Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beams displaying improperly

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
shane.doyleNLUPQ
415 Views, 1 Reply

beams displaying improperly

I have a model that I'm cutting sections from. I'm using a detail drawing style that has beams set to display Visible hidden, for beams in plan.  Model role of the beams is "beam". The members are displaying showing the radius lines in plan. I do NOT want this to display this way. Can anyone offer some possible reasons for this? See screenshots. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

There will be an element in the drawing style presentation that is using visible hidden exact as its presentation format.

you may find it is higher up in the style , like main part , the drawing style reads the table for presentations from the top down, so if it gets to the one with exact in and it match’s say a main part , it will use that rule, regardless what it says for beam model role. 

So I would recommend just go back in a take a look at the style, see if there are any lines with exact in , note what they are, maybe toggle the presentation rule and update the drawing or create a new view, see if it updates etc.

cheers

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report