Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad service pack error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
vinnieb
506 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad service pack error

Is anyone else having trouble installing autoCAD service pack 164bit with ADVANCE STEEL 2015 installed?

I get the error shown in the picture atttached.

I downloaded That service pack directly from autodesk.  AutoCAD_2015_SP1_64bit.exe

Im using acad 2015 and as 2015

Advance Steel user since 2008
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: vinnieb

nope didn't run into this issue

that error could be the wrong bit was downloaded/installed or the completely wrong autocad service packs was downloaded/installed

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 6
vinnieb
in reply to: DarrenP

That was my initial thoughts too. So I double...triple....quadruple checked Smiley Happy

64 bit        - correct

acad 2015 - correct

sp1 not installed yet - correct

Really strange. Even the autodesk application manager doesnt show the service pack, Im at a total loss.

I do however have an advance steel 2015 hotfix installed.

I hate upgrading 🙂

Message 4 of 6
wtheron

Hello Vinnie,

The only time I have had this error is if we are trying to install for example an AutoCAD Mechanical SP on a workstation with only AutoCAD (vanilla installed). Why not try to  update your applications via the Autodesk Application Manager ?

Message 5 of 6
vinnieb
in reply to: wtheron

Actually I use the Application manager exclusively, This time however I knew there was a service pack and it did not show up on the application manager.

The hotfix #2 for advance steel showed up in it and a few other updates but never any service pack. Im beginning to wonder If I have a bad install.

Everything seems to work beautifully.

What product version are you on?  Mine says    J.141.0.0    Autodesk AutoCAD 2015             and for advance steel build number 9708

Thank you for your help.

Message 6 of 6
Emanuel.Nestor

Hello Vinnieb,

Your AutoCAD 2015 build - J.141.0.0 - includes already the SP1; you have a newer build.

So, it is normal to not be able to apply the SP1.

Regards,
Emy

Emy Nestor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report