Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly BOM is pulling parts from a different assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
grant.klosterman
173 Views, 1 Reply

Assembly BOM is pulling parts from a different assembly

Hello Experts,

I am trying to create a BOM on an assembly drawing. I have gone through much trial and error to get to a decent place. However the single part numbers seem to be giving me a headache. Is there a way to filter by assembly so that parts in different assemblies can have the same single part number? I wish to use the same custom connections between different assemblies and keep them linked so that if something changes, I would only have to change it once. For example, the channel mounts pictured are also used on assembly 17. Therefore, on that assembly sheet, I would want the channels to be named 17b. 

I notice the issue for assembly 12, part b is supposed to be the connection plate. However the BOM displays the base plate from the connected column assembly (11), which is also that assembly's 'part b' (I would like it to be named 11b). However that same base plate is used on another assembly (16), so I would want that base plate named '16b'.

Any assistance to help me understand how the BOM filters it's parts and advice on how to get where I need would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

BOM with Issue.png

Sheet with BOM issue.png

  

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

could you also provide the numbering method you are using now

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report