Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS Dimension Customisation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sdonohoedesign
335 Views, 2 Replies

AS Dimension Customisation

Hi,  are there any AS guru's out there who could assist?

I have been doing some work on the dimensioning of my drawing styles.  Having an issue connecting the dimension chain below to the eaves beam.

sdonohoedesign_0-1608552912371.png

I want this dimension to connect to the system line of the eaves beam.  But it will only connect using 'centre point as reference', 'main part ColiDimensions', 'extreme size of objects in dimensioning direction' and a few others.   But this isn't what I need.  I need it to connect to the system line.

sdonohoedesign_2-1608553293033.png

Unfortunately, the points you would expect to work such as 'system as a reference' or 'system points' do not connect to the eaves beam and the dimension disappears.  I cannot find another that would connect the dimension to the system line of the eaves beam.

Seems strange that the same dimension will connect to the roof purlins 'system points of the objects' no problem even though purlins & eaves beams are same representation / etc on the drawing & same system lines / etc in model.

Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The dimensioning in AS is very very detailed. Check this document out. http://www.graitec.info/Common/Downloads/Documentation/AS-DSM-guide-2012-EN.pdf

Yes it's old but the principal still applies. Page 72 

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the info.  Very helpful thanks. 👍

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report