Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API debugging

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ChristianBlei
744 Views, 3 Replies

API debugging

Hi,

I started my first small project today following the instructions in the Advance Steel 2016 SDK documentation.

I am using VS 2013 professional. As in the AutoCAD API I used as "Start Action" "Start External Programm" and the "AdvanceSteelLauncher64.exe".

When I start debuggíng, the launcher starts Advance Steel and the starting Advance Steel obviously terminates the debugging process.

Using the "acad.exe" in "Start External Programm works fine.

What is my Problem/ mistake?

Any ideas?

Thx, Christian

Christian Blei
CBT Christian Blei Tools
christianblei.de
youtube.com/channel/UCxjA_NbeScQy9C0Z1xjwXpw
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

HI,

is nobody out there who is using the API with Visual Studio and is debugging? 😉 What about all the people that asked for the API documentation in the past year?
What about AutoDesk support?

I have replaced the launcher with the equivalent acad.exe as start programm and the comand lkine arguments: / nologo / product ACAD /T "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2016\Shared\Support\Templates\ASTemplate.dwt"

This starts Advance Steel but also terminates the debugger....

BR, Christian

Christian Blei
CBT Christian Blei Tools
christianblei.de
youtube.com/channel/UCxjA_NbeScQy9C0Z1xjwXpw
Message 3 of 4
Bogdan.O
in reply to: ChristianBlei

Hi Christian,

Advance Steel Launcher starts Autocad in another process so this is why the debug process is terminated. The launcher puts some additional paths to acad.exe in order to set the location for Advance Steel binaries.

If you want to debug you need to start Advance Steel with launcher and then attach Visual Studio to acad.exe process.

Regards,

Bogdan Orzea
QA Analyst
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ChristianBlei

Hi @ChristianBlei , 

Were you able to debbug with visual studio?
I posted this message on the forum:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-forum/joint-api-development-on-visual-studio-debugging/...

Joint API Development on visual studio (Debugging)

I am still not able to debbug. As @Bogdan.O  said, I attach my debbuger to the advance steel instance, but I am still not able to see objects properties.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report