Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANGLE AS END PLATE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dcalderonobonaga
148 Views, 2 Replies

ANGLE AS END PLATE

Hi Team, I have a curved roof system, so i need to move up just the purlin, it will be welded to an angle, so I created 2 End plates connection, cuz the angles clips always attach on the side of the purlin instead at the end how I needed, thinking 2 steps ahead about numbering and assembly, it will be 2 parts, how I can make it 1 single part, I tried merge plates, didnt work. what are your recommendations.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 080331.pngScreenshot 2024-05-24 080418.png

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @dcalderonobonaga ,

as one connection element, your solution can be a bend plate or L-Profile (without radius on the inner side = possibly another problem).

This can be done via Custom (user) connection - you "put together" e.g. two beams via connection material (plates, profiles, bolts, welds, ...):

bigcarl5000kg_1-1718288498143.png

Example for complex Custom connection:

bigcarl5000kg_0-1718288431274.png

Custom connection may contain many other macros (connections) - you apply this  and after deleting the main blue box you have still possibility to make changes on these macros. 

You will find a lot of sources to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNqQzCd49M8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cftaBwnvluQ

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 3 of 3

Thanks, I'll try it and let you know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report