Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Steel Spiral Stair Inside width of tread

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JasonH6T4E
131 Views, 2 Replies

Advance Steel Spiral Stair Inside width of tread

I'm modeling a spiral stair with AS 2019 and I want to adjust the inside width of my bent plate tread. the box is grayed out and i cannot find which setting i need to change in order to unlock or get access to changing this dimension 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AleckGiles
in reply to: JasonH6T4E

Hi,

Your stair has a central column and that dictates the inside diameter of the tread. The front and back edges of the tread are radial lines from the centre of the stair to the outer edge. Therefore the outer width controls the inner width too.  One of the limitations of the Spiral stair macro is that you cannot have the front and back edges of the treads that are not radial lines.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 3 of 3
JasonH6T4E
in reply to: AleckGiles

Thanks for your reply, Its unfortunate. With a 4" Pipe Center, the treads are challenging to bend being so narrow on one end. I was trying to widen the inner treads. We did achieve the bends but, next time I may just draw the thing manually or abandon the macro at some point. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report