Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add stud anchor size

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
advandes
343 Views, 5 Replies

Add stud anchor size

Advance Steel 2019

Hello and thanks for helping out with my post, See attached screen capture.

Is it possible and easy to add a diameter to this stud anchor library? I need a 1/2" dia.

If so, can you please show me how?  Thank you!!!!

AAG
Advance Design
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: advandes

it took 2 minutes, to get a result in the Autodesk Knowledge. I really hope you don't missunderstand me, but why don't you use it? You're level 9 in the forum, so you're an advance user, normally the forum search should be known to you.

Here in the direct Help: Knowledge

and additional a short screencast from @Adrian.Mangan 

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 6
advandes
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

I did search for it and found the directions to be ridiculously complicated. I just want to add a 1/2" dia. to an exiting stud. The directions do not tell you how to do that. They just want you to either duplicate one or create your own...please give me a break here!

Options:

Duplicate an Existing Shear Stud

Create a New Shear Stud

Define a new shear stud with new properties

So, is it not possible to add a size to an existing stud?

AAG
Advance Design
Message 4 of 6
Sebastian_Eiche

for sure it's possible:

• select the existing stud,
  • select the grade
  • select the diameter you want (if existing, if not click on "new")
  • have a look if the correct source is set
  • change the tab to geometry and add the geometry of the stud in A+B+in the table had to 1 entry.
  • press on "Apply"
  • after this, the new diameter is created and you could add so much length rows as you want

Only add a diameter is not working by doin one click, because every diameter have his own values for head height and so on. So you had to add all informations in this fields

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 6
advandes
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

I did end up with the correct Shear Stud size and dimension,s but the 1/2" one I created does not have a head and there is now one that is labeled 12mm, and that one is correct but the wrong name. OMG, this is ridiculous. Is it me or is the programming? I tend to believe it's bad programming...

AAG
Advance Design
Message 6 of 6
Sebastian_Eiche

If I remember correctly, there are some values which had to be entered in metric mm. You could have a look directly in the database (filter for connector) and correct the values.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report