Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add additional country settings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
664 Views, 3 Replies

Add additional country settings

Hi. I just wonder if it is possible to add additional profile sections to Advance Steel 2015. Particularly I need russian profiles. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wtheron
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Levgen,

GOST beams are available out of the Box with Advance Steel, Depedning on installation they are sometimes referred to as GUS. The reason for this I am unsure.

There are two methods to add sections to Advance Steel. One method is to edit AstorOProfiles.mdb file located in  C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance\Data.

You will be able to copy an existing I Section, channel, hollow profile or angle table, then rename and edit according to the dimensions and properties you require. I do recommend making a backup of the default AstorProfiles.mdb

The other method for non standatd type sections such as extruded aluminium is to create a user profile. The link below goes through this process in great detail.

http://www.graitec.com/uk/FAQ_view.asp?FAQID=923&Language=EN&Name=How+is+a+user+section+created+for+...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: wtheron

In the link above we need use the graitec Advance Design. Where whe find this in autodesk advance steel?

Message 4 of 4
wtheron
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Cristiano,

The first section of hte FAQ Article relates to Advance Steel. One the second part is refferring to Advance Design.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report