Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD block not showing in plan view

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
543 Views, 5 Replies

ACAD block not showing in plan view

Hi guys, 

Currently I'm working in a project where pretty much every steel column is unique: they have different base plates, different beam connections, different heights, etc. For that reason, I need to nominate each of them in a floor plan, showing their specific location within the project in order to assist the assemblage of the structure on site. 

To produce this floor plan, I have inserted the original engineer's first floor plan CAD as a block underneath my model's columns, and placed a Camera View at Node, to create an Overview. 

However, the block doesn't show in my resulting drawings. 

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

I'm pretty new to AS. Can somebody orientate me about what I'm doing wrong or about what would be the best way to achieve what I'm pursuing?

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
markhubrich
in reply to: Anonymous

Open Management tools..  Defaults,.,.

CADENT.JPG

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: markhubrich

Hi Mark,

That solved my problem. Thanks a lot!

Message 4 of 6
Sebastian_Eiche

maybe additonal:

- by inserting as block, you increase the dwg, another way could be to use an external dwg insert it as XREF.

- both ways, will show the whole Block, so if you use a camera, which only should be show a part of your model, I know a few people which parted their floor plan into many "small" plan. By using this, it's comfortable to show only a specific area in the model.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Thanks for your answer, Sebastian. 

Good point. Actually, I do need to divide my floor plan in at least three parts, in order to make them fit in a A3 sheet while preserving their legibility.  

You mentioned that you know some people that divide their floor plans in smaller parts. Do you know what would it be the best way to achieve this?  Is there a way to divide this floor plan in AS, or do I have to break them down in ACAD and insert the new divided floor plans in my model? 

I will also try inserting my plan as an XREF next time. Is true that the block increases the file size significantly.

Thanks in advance!

Message 6 of 6
Sebastian_Eiche

There's no command in AS this had to be done in AutoCAD. Just use the commands for break and so on and then save it under a new name 

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report