Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d GA drawing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
produkcja
449 Views, 4 Replies

3d GA drawing

Hi.

How can I create 3d GA drawing of just visible objects? for example I've got 2 buildings connected together but I'd like to show only 1 of them. I've tried everything but each time I get 2 building on my drawing.

Regards 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: produkcja

there're different ways:

- you could create a detailstyle which only show one role, but then you had to change every role of the parts

- create a GA drawing by using "selected parts" but here you could have the problem, that if you create new parts in the area you want to show, these will not be shown

- create a detail as you already did and then just delete the parts you don't want to see. This is maybe much work, but this is the way I preferred, because if you now add a a part in the model, it will be shown in your drawing. If you delete the parts on the drawing, there will be a grey frame, this only means: please make a manual update, so the software could log the parts as deleted, and they will not be shown after an update--> so please use the "manual update" command

- last way: there's a default for using the layer of the model area in GA drawings,if you activate this, the layer which you use in the model will be used in the GA drawing. So you could select "building one" and just put all parts to one layer. After creating the drawing, you could deactivate all the other layers.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 5
produkcja
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Hello Sebastian

Could you possibly show me how to do it as you described it in the last method? That would be great.

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: produkcja

I would do a screencast, but my office is out of net this week 😃

But the steps are:

• open the Management Tools and here Defaults
  • in the category Drawing- General -General you will find the setting: "Use model layers for detail objects in Overview details"
  • after ticking on the checkbox, reload the default in Advance Steel
  • Now in you model, you had to select the parts which are for example "Building one", create a new layer, call it "building one" and move the parts to this layer
  • create a GA drawing and now you should be able to deactivate the Layers, you don't want to see

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 5
produkcja
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Thanks, you are the best! Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report