Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3840x2160 resolution

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1092 Views, 5 Replies

3840x2160 resolution

Hi,

is there a way to adjust icons size and toolbar descriptions size in Concrete and Steel when using an UHD Monitor?

Untitled.jpg

Regards!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mark,

You may have already tried this but it depends on which windows operating system you are running:-

Running windows 8.1 you can Rightclick on desktop, then select screen resolution, then select 'Make text and other items larger or smaller'

this then allows you to select from the following scaling options of 100% 125% 150% 200% or 250% + custom scaling options.

I'm not sure if windows 7 give you these options though.

Not all software currently scales well when using 4K monitors, I'm sure they will all catch up eventually though but make take a while.

Out of interest what size monitor are you running with this 4K resolution?

Geoff.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi GMDS,

thank you, but as you supposed I have already set DPI text scale at 150% in control panel/display menu. The main problem is that companies sell 4K monitor but software developers are a little bit "lazy" with catching up. The only software that really looks beautiful with 4K resolution is MS Office 2013.

I'm running Windows 7 and Samsung UHD 28" monitor.

Regards!

Message 4 of 6
dgorsman

Its not laziness, its project control - they set a standard to adhere to during the development.  Otherwise they end up having to hit a moving target.  Software development can last several years, so what was released this spring could be adhering to standards set down several years ago when 4k monitors were much less common.  I'd say most AutoDesk using companies are still running conventional HD-capable monitors at this point.

Put this another way: ever had engineers, project leads, or clients keep coming back to you and telling you to add this, change that?  Then doing it again, and again, and again?  Gets frustrating after a while, doesn't it?  At some point a line has to be drawn ("Here!  And no farther!"  😄 ) where futher changes are put off until the next revision.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Mark,

One way to solve this would be to upgrade to one of these:- Philips 40" 4K monitor BDM4065UC, You will need a big desk to put it on thoughSmiley Surprised

https://pcmonitors.info/philips/philips-bdm4065uc-40-inch-uhd-4k-monitor/#!prettyPhoto

At a retail price of 600GBP not bad value, but will wait to see some reviews on it first before putting it on my Xmas list.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi GMDS,

good suggestion, although a little too big for me. I think no more UHD monitors for a while. At least until software developers catch up with.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report