Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 object enabler

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1065 Views, 1 Reply

2017 object enabler

I am using advance steel 2017 for structural design, however, the mechanical guys in our office are using Cadworx 2016 for piping & mechancial. Can anyone tell me if it is possible for the mechanical guy using cad 2016 to see anything in my model or drawings created in advance steel 2017 without exploding & losing intelligence? The object enabler doesn't seem to work with CAD 2016. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnjmbennett
in reply to: Anonymous

I expect this is because the AS objects are from the 2017 version, with is different to 2016 format.

The OE is the same I think, maybe slight update for reading 2d AS drawings etc, but think the 3D side is same.

What you could try is a 3DDWF file, you could the load that as a xref coordination, but you would need to run it through navis works to get the nwd, nwc , you would have a file you could snap to as reference within the same cad platform.

You can also create the nwc via the nwc out plugin for autocad

https://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/navisworks/autodesk-navisworks-nwc-export-utility

You don't need navis to do this , it creates the file from the autocad platform.

Sorry, can't think of other way because of version types and softwares.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report