Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 part drawing instead of hundreds

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
russelldDTH2X
426 Views, 2 Replies

1 part drawing instead of hundreds

in my job i come across a lot of the same parts identical in every way except for the length and angle at the ends. is there any way to set up advance steel part drawing to show the similar parts on one drawing and reference the length and angles on a cut list on the drawing? similar to the attached. Even if i had to have different drawings for each angle.

any ideas would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
acbsdesign
in reply to: russelldDTH2X

@russelldDTH2X 

Hi, There are a few field contents in BOM editor that represent the A, B, C... values in your drawing.

acbsdesign_1-1665154173927.png

If it is repetitive work, maybe it is worth repositioning the fields in Saw List-Pictures, making it look more like BOM on dwg. It can be placed directly on the dwg as pdf or exported to Excel and imported as Autocad Table, or Xreffed.

acbsdesign_0-1665154120429.png

We can rename Web to Front, and Flange to Top or sim.

Prepare one prototype for this type of profile, send the details on it using dwg style, select detailed material, and export the Saw Cut-Pictures list. 

It will take time to set it up, but once done, it will save you time. 

Sketch on prototype and Xref to a file where the list will be placed. Or an Excel file linked to the prototype.

If the cuts are always at 90 degrees to each other (always along web or flange, front or top), this would not be an issue, but if cuts are at random angles to each other then it may be, depending on the scope of work.

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Message 3 of 3
russelldDTH2X
in reply to: acbsdesign

Thank you for your feedback. I like this idea and think it may also work with some other ideas I have in setting up AS for my company.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report