ACC General Discussion Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions and explore popular discussions about everything ACC
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Collaboration: Share Packages with Selected Teams

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
MattKolbergSolidCAD
137 Views, 0 Replies

Design Collaboration: Share Packages with Selected Teams

Hello, all.

TLDR: How to create a Design Collaboration package and share it with selected teams, not all Teams. Can it be done? If not, is there a reasonable workaround?

I am the administrator for an ACC project where we have multiple external service providers invited to a project. I appreciate the functionality that the Design Collaboration (DC) tool provides where I can create a package of models (DWGs in my case) and share them to the teams.

Problem is, when you create a package, it is shared automatically with ALL teams. I can't have that. I need to be able to share some models with some teams and other models with other teams. Same with them; they need to share their models with me, but not any of the other teams.

I've tried these:

• Simply copy selected DWG files to their "Consumed" folder. Other teams do not have any access to this folder, so it works from that perspective. This method is not tracked and I can't reuse a package from 3 weeks ago. I need to manually copy the files by selecting them. A new version will be created in their consumed folder so if they need to see a previous version, they can.
  • Approval Workflow with the Copy option. I select the pertinent files and submit them for review and assign it to a member from the desired team. This is tracked, so it's a little better than the simple copy method, but it's not great.
  • Share the files via the share button. I can't simply share the files like this. I can't have them using my work in progress files. I need the copied files like the DC tool.MattKolbergSolidCAD_0-1726162163797.png
  • Files packages. BWT, I'm not a fan of naming this the same as the DC Package. Anyway, this probably isn't all that helpful as I'm still sharing a version of the file from it's original location and they can't just copy the files themselves.
    MattKolbergSolidCAD_1-1726162480655.png
  • Create a transmittal. The recipient would have to download the ZIP file and then copy those files to the folder of their choice. Not ideal either.

Maybe that's just what Design Collaboration is supposed to do and copying the files is indeed appropriate. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. FWIW, my vote given the things I've tried so far is the manual copy method.

Thanks in advance,

Matt Kolberg

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.

Autodesk Design & Make Report