Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projects not being recognized by A360 + Revit

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2229 Views, 11 Replies

Projects not being recognized by A360 + Revit

I'm working myself in circles on this one...

A360 isn't recognizing my projects, or I'm not setting them up properly. This also causes Revit to not be able to upload via the Collaborate Tab.

I'm using the trial version if that makes a difference.

Appreciate the help,

Matt

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jay_miller
in reply to: Anonymous

I have not used the collaborate tool myself.  Have you tried uploaded directly from A360?  You can upload to just general data as part of your acount or once you create a project you should be able to go into that project and up load their by clicking the [UPLOAD] button.  That should work even as a trial.

Jay Miller

BHB Consulting Engineers, P.C.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: jay_miller

I have on a coworker's Hub. We uploaded a Revit file directly through the browser.

It's the worksharing/collaborating through Revit that we can't seem to figure out. I feel like it's tied specifically to the fact A360 doesn't recognize our created project. FYI, our ultimate goal is to get a Workshared Revit file to operate across A360.

Matt

Message 4 of 12
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Matt,

Thanks for asking your question in the A360 forum. For Revit Collaborate you want to post in the Revit forum. That's where the Revit Team wants to field those questions. Here is the direct link and hope this helps.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture/bd-p/133
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Thank you, Bud.
Message 6 of 12
KyleB_Autodesk

Matt,

This sounds like a similar challenge to another thread -> I'm guessing that your Autodesk ID does not have a Collaboration for Revit entitlement associated with it.  Log into the Autodesk Account Portal to verify if you have the entitlement.

Collaboration for Revit Entitlement.png

This page explains the steps to get up and running with Collaboration for Revit.  Let us know if you have any additional issues.

Cheers,

Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Kyle, this is exactly what's going on. I signed up for a trial of A360 Team thinking that was what I needed to test out A360 Collaboration for Revit.

Apparently there is no trial version of C4R...I need to purchase the subscription before trying out the features.

Looks like once I purchase a subscription of C4R, then I can continue with the entitlement setup through our Portal. I will also need to purchase a seperate subscription for A360 Team, for the administration of the Hub/Projects. So **** confusing.

Thank you for pointing this out. Probably saved me another half-day of tail chasing.

Matt

Message 8 of 12
KyleB_Autodesk

Matt,

First, I'm sorry you've had a frustrating time with all of this; it's never fun to have this type of a first experience.  I've got a few things that I'd like to address:

1. Trial -> We compltetely understand the need for people your yourself, and the firms that employ you, to have a trial experience to kick the tires on such a new technology.  The current lack of a trial reflects some unfortunate bumps in the road internally associated with the way the service operates, but rest assured that delivering such an experience is very high priority for us at the moment.

2. Setup Process -> You are correct that a Subscription for A360 Collaboration for Revit (C4R) will get you up and running immediately, in lieu of the aforementioned trial experience.  Up to you on how you want to proceed there.

3. Relationship to A360 Team -> A360 Collaboration for Revit is an A360 service, and as such you are entitled to use a paid A360 Team hub with the same number of full members as you've subscribed to for use in Revit.  No separate subscriptions are required.  Read this FAQ for answers to common questions.  I'd love to hear if you have any outstanding questions if you want to take the time to review the FAQ, but given the experience you've had I won't blame you if you decide to move on to other things.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

No worries, Kyle. It's people like you that keep the forums a helpful + friendly place.

Matt

Message 10 of 12
adamnicholes

The Revit files you see on the A360 Team site are the "published" or "Shared" copies. To enable worksharing via Collaboration for Revit, the files must be uploaded through the Revit software. These uploaded files are placed in the cloud "behind the curtain" and are then visible only through the Revit Application. Uploading the Revit project files via the browser is akin to saving to Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. A360 Team is simply a file-sharing portal. Collaboration for Revit happens behind the curtain, but when you publish your model via the Manage A360 Models tool in the Revit application, the model on A360 Team becomes updated to the new "published" or "Archived" date. This distinction is not often made clear, but it is important to understand. Hope that helps!
Adam Nicholes, Assoc AIA, M.Arch
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

If this is all the case, what is the point of having A360 in the first place if you can't collaborate particular version projects??

Message 12 of 12
adamnicholes

This is just my opinion, but the purpose of A360 is to share files through an Autodesk platform instead of other cloud-hosted servers. C4R makes collaboration between offices and companies possible in a way that no web-hosted file-sharing platform can accomplish.

IMHO

Adam Nicholes, Assoc AIA, M.Arch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report