Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unanswered question from today's folder permissions webinar

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jeff.castle
151 Views, 4 Replies

Unanswered question from today's folder permissions webinar

Hi Shayne @Anonymous  Thanks for your work to get sharing and permissions under control. I love Fusion, but user management has been by far the biggest PITA.

I asked a question towards the end of today's "New Folder Permissions" webinar that didn't get answered (copied below). If you have time, I'd love a response.

Cheers,
Jeff

Just to clarify, with the first scenario you demo'ed where you create a class folder and then folders for each student and then individually add permissions for each student to their particular folder...

A) Prior to the class ending and that student being deactivated, they need to explicitly make copies of anything they want to retain access to in the future?

B) Is there any way to have the kids create their top level folders themselves? Or does it have to be me or a TA?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeff.castle
in reply to: jeff.castle

Sorry. This ended up in the wrong forum and I don't see a way to delete or recategorize it.

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: jeff.castle

What forum does it need to be in?
Message 4 of 5
jeff.castle
in reply to: pendean

Fusion 360

Message 5 of 5

Hey @jeff.castle ,

Sorry we missed this question.

Great question.  You as the Fusion Team administrator will be able to control who can create the Top Level Projects.

I have attached an image for reference.  Once this functionality has been enabled, you as the admin, can go to the administration of Fusion Team and select the students that you are comfortable creating top level projects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report