Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Folders on the cloud

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JohnHolding
341 Views, 5 Replies

Saving Folders on the cloud

Hi All

I know the answer to this will be blindingly simple but as for now I can not get this to work.

I want to be able to work on a project on the office desktop computer which has  autocad architecture 2014 installed and save it to the cloud. Then when I am on site  I want to be able to continue working on the same  project from my lap top which has autocad architeture 2013 installed.

Then again save it to the cloud so that when I get back to the office, I can continue to work on the same project  which has all the changes that I have made from my laptop while on site, with my desk top.

Up to now I can not get this simple thing to work?

Can some one help please all I want is to be able to work on the lastest updated version from two computers.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi John,

Thanks for posting your query! This forum is related to A360 TechPreview questions and not specific to Autocad. Can you please post your question to Autocad forum here - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/bd-p/706

In between I will have someone reach out to answer your query.

Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web
Message 3 of 6

Hi John,

May I know if you are looking at desktop sync for A360 TechPreview? Can you also please give us more details on your requirement, which helps us to guide you correctly.

Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web
Message 4 of 6
Mary_Morse
in reply to: JohnHolding

Hi John-

I believe you are working with Autodesk 360 Tech Preview.  If yes, it does not support the Sync feature in AutoCAD, although we are working on a solution for that in the future.  In the meantime, if you want to have your files available in Autodesk 360 Tech Preview wherever you work, then you will need to Upload your files to Autodesk 360 Tech Preview, and then when you get to your other computer, open your Autodesk 360 Tech Preview app, and download them to your desktop to edit them. Once you are done with any changes, save the updated file back to Autodesk 360 Tech Preview.

Let me know if this helps or you need more information.

Mary Morse
Sr Manager, A360 Customer Success
Message 5 of 6
JohnHolding
in reply to: Mary_Morse

Apologies to all for posting on the wrong site

I could not find any Autodesk 360 forums.

Thanks for replying

It looks like 360 is not for me

I can do what you suggest with a drop box.

I was hoping that 360 would allow me to sync my projects so that I didn't have to delete the existing files and copy the updated files in their place to ensure that the xrefs worked and materials worked.

Thanks again for your help

Message 6 of 6
Mary_Morse
in reply to: JohnHolding

Hi John,

I want to make sure I'm giving you all the information you need to evaluate using the Cloud to save and access files.  We currently have 2 cloud applications:

1. Autodesk 360 Tech Preview-this is the product forum that you posted your question in, that's why I assumed you are using the Tech Preview,

2. Autodesk 360-this is the cloud app that is available from AutoCAD Architecture, you use it when you use the Sync feature in AutoCAD Architecture.

The similar names makes it a little confusing, but we are working on clarifying the names of the 2 apps-they are different.

Now, Sync will upload your files from AutoCAD Architecture to Autodesk 360 automatically once it is turned on in your AutoCAD Architecture product.  There is a blue circular swatch in the lower right of the AutoCAD Architecture product which will allow you to see if your Sync feature is enabled.  If it is off, turn it on.  This feature will allow you to do what you describe above in your first post.  Please give that a try and see if its what you are looking for.

We are working on allowing users to access their data from Autodesk 360 from within the Autodesk 360 Tech Preview, which will make things much easier.  Let me know if you need more help.

Mary Morse
Sr Manager, A360 Customer Success

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report