Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved viewpoints from Navisworks on A360 Ipad App?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
garrett.bunting
1609 Views, 16 Replies

Saved viewpoints from Navisworks on A360 Ipad App?

Is there a way to export saved viewpoints from a navisworks file to be viewed on the A360 Ipad App?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
sdoinc
in reply to: garrett.bunting

I believe you knows that’s Navis exports viewpoints to a XML file, and you want to know if the same uploaded A360 model can import this xml file of all the viewpoints via A360 and see them on A360?

or
I think that’s what you're looking for is just being able to see Viewpoints in addition to the Navisworks 3D file in A360?

Message 3 of 17
garrett.bunting
in reply to: sdoinc

Thank you for the response. I want to be able to see the the various viewpoints I created on the computer in navisowrks in a 3d model on my ipad. How can I go about doing this?

Message 4 of 17
sdoinc
in reply to: garrett.bunting

yes I've inquired about the same for the desktop version. Add this request and follow this link to keep updated with news.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-general-discussion/new-a360-faq/td-p/5830320
Message 5 of 17
BrettWright

Garrett, Bart,

Just to clarify what you’re saying, is that you’d like for A360 to be able to view the "Exported Viewpoints" from Navisworks on your ipad, however, the issue is that A360 doesn't allow this functionality today as it’s not able to translate the XML format.

Is that correct?

Please confirm.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 6 of 17
sdoinc
in reply to: BrettWright

viewpoints are created in navis like attached. I believe A360 is attempting the same thing with the bullets + screen comments i see in the android app. But it would be nice if A360 could inherently bring already created viewpoints with the NWD file into A360 as well. Will that be possible in the future? These viewpoints are zoomed in views with screen comments normally populated in a project ongoing navis NWF file. Then i save to a NWD, and upload the NWD to A360.

See if Garret agrees, but i believe he is focused on Ipad and I'm looking at the general concept of having navis viewpoints visiable in A360.

Added note; most 3D BIM modelers + navis users spend considerable amount of time creating viewpoints during the entire project, sometimes months of history, but viewpoints are not viewable in A360.

Bart...

Message 7 of 17
garrett.bunting

Yes, I agree with everything Bart (sdoinc) mentioned above. 

Message 8 of 17

Bart, Garrett,

Can you please create this topic in the ideastation so that others can add their comments, interest and kudo's for it?

Currently you're the only two folks that we've seen with this issue/want, so , in order to get it raised up in the stack of things, we need to have others chime in as well regarding the benefit that it will bring them as well.

Here is the link to the ideastation, so please one of you create the initial post, then the other can add on to it.

Much appreciated,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 9 of 17

Any update on this idea?

Message 10 of 17

Hi Garrett, let me check in with the team then get back to you.

Stay tuned,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 11 of 17
BrettWright

Hi Garrett, a quick update here on this thread.

This is functionality that is on the roadmap so that is good, and looks like the current timing is in the May-July time frame this year, which can always shift, but at least it's a point in time that is known, so that is really great news.

Have a great day 🙂

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 12 of 17
sdoinc

good news... 

how can we share it here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-ideastation/a360-wishlist-for-navis-viewpoint/idi-p/5837065

I've been getting feedback and questions on this as well on my wish list.

Thanks for the update

Message 13 of 17
dinant

Hi Brett,

Are these the same as Navisworks points and snappoints?

I have removed all viewpoints but still get this message and not a NWD open with A360.

See screenshots in attached document

Regards,

Dinant Weenk

Message 14 of 17
BrettWright
in reply to: dinant

Hi Dinant,

• Is your NWD file password protected at all?
  • If so A360 will not be able to translate it, so you'll need to resave, and re-upload it, then it should work.

If this isn't the case, can you please send a screenshot of the OOPS error with the details expanded?

Let me know,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 15 of 17
dinant

The NWD is not password protected.

The details give the same information.

Regards, Dinant

Message 16 of 17
BrettWright
in reply to: dinant

Dinant,

Can you also share with me the file (public downloadable link) and send to my direct email so that i can try is as well? first.last@autodesk.com (brett.wright)

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

Has this functionality been added? It is a really important function-saved viewpoints help focus ones attention to important information and not being able to access that on mobile devices is silly-Please let me know!

thank yoU!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report