Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old DWG file cannot be opened to view.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
643 Views, 3 Replies

old DWG file cannot be opened to view.

Not sure how many years old a DWG file I have is as i never drew it but wanted to view and possible edit and clone it into a new complex system drawing.

old Autodesk is expired from trial viewer last year so was forced to create a new account but all Autocad products have new names. I don't want mobile cannot do work on a phone want a mac version. what product do i use?

Also would like to view this project before i buy software for it without a client to pay.

I confirmed my one single login Twice once for Autodesk products and once for forum Products area all say free trial but zero links to products except mobile viewer. I was told to use AutoDesk 360 but when i tried to view it wants $50 first. Don't mind paying but wanted to view on Mac not phone to use free viewer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Community. For Mac users, we typically ask them to try out the A360 Viewer, which is a free online viewer. Check out this Autodesk Solution on How to view DWF files on the Mac OS without AutoCAD for more information.

Alternatively, you can also download and install a free trial of our AutoCAD software instead to check the file and also explore the software. You can find the list of available free trials here.

I hope this helps, let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 4
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you been able to check and try the free A360 online viewer and see if you are able to open your files using that? Or try out any of the free trial versions we have from our website? Hope the previous suggestions helped.

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 4 of 4

Hi Alan,

It looks like someone moved your message from another forum.  A360 FREE, BIM 360 Team and Fusion Team are not editors, but you can view your files with it.   As Jeffery pointed out, we also have the FREE online viewer.   You can upload your file for free and if you sign in, it will last up to 30 days.  

Free Online Viewer

Autodesk Viewer:

You can also take a look at the following link to see the A360 FREE single Project 5 gig option as well as BIM 360 Team and Fusion Team that are a full 30 day Trial.  

http://www.autodesk.com/products/a360/overview

FREE and Trial 001.jpg

For editing, you might want to take a look at AutoCAD WEB.  Here is the forum link for that. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-web-forum/bd-p/227

You can also check out the AutoCAD WEB Site here...

https://client.autocad360.com/

Hope this helps and have a great day. 

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report