Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 'A360 Drive' toggle in A360 mobile app

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dlampert
666 Views, 3 Replies

Missing 'A360 Drive' toggle in A360 mobile app

I am trying to use A360-Drive to share DWFx files with coworkers who will then view them on the A360 Mobile app for use in the field to verify installations. Anyways... I was fine tuning this workflow on my own devices (PC w/ browser, IphoneXr, and Nvidia shield tablet) by sharing a file from my professional account's A360-Drive (done via PC's browser) with my private account (accessed via the mobile app). Everything worked great with the Iphone. I was able to view the shared file via the A360 Drive folder. The tablet had an issue though: there is no "Show 360 Drive" toggle in the settings on the A360 app and thus there is no viewable A360 Drive folder from which to access the shared file. The Iphone version of the App has said toggle and, when toggled, allows a viewable 360 Drive folder. Shocked and befuddled I tried many a thing to alleviate this head scratcher:

1)Uninstall and reinstall (a couple of times...) the A360 app on the tablet to see if it would fix itself and the Iphone to see if i could reproduce the problem. Attempts did not work.

2) I logged in with my professional account (linked to an AEC collection) on both devices. No change.

3) Logged in with my personal account (no subscriptions to anything) on both devices. No change.

4) I updated both devices so everything was as current as possible. Then reinstalled the app. No change

5) I looked at buying Bim360 subscription. Nope.

(note: every time I log in to the A360 app on the Shield Tablet, regardless of the account I use, I get an 'unknown error occured' notification that quickly goes away. the login is successful because I can see my other files sitting in my data screen. The only thing not there is the A360 Drive folder)

Any ideas why the functionality exists on the Iphone and not the Tablet? I realize that they are different operating systems but the toggle was put in way back in version v2.12 of A360 Mobile app.

Iphone Xr running version v3.4.8.1 of the A360 app

Nvidia Shield tablet running version v3.5.0 of the A360 app

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dlampert
in reply to: dlampert

z

Message 3 of 4
jay_miller

All I really know is that they are completely different apps.  Development tries to follow lock-step, but it is not unusual for differences like this to appear.  What I don't ever know is if they intend to fix it at some point or even know about it.  Best thing might be to provide feedback through the app and see if it gets fixed.

Jay Miller

BHB Consulting Engineers, P.C.
Tags (2)
Message 4 of 4
pendean

They've had two updates at the app store last month alone: its probably broken because of that.
You'll have to report it and wait for a fix in another update sometime in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report